Updated: Oct 23, 2021
This is a deliciously refreshing vodka-kombucha cocktail. It would pair well with any Thai dish but who says it has to be paired with anything. It can simply be enjoyed on its own. You can leave out the alcohol for a lovely mocktail and you certainly wouldn't have FOMO. You could also swap out the vodka for gin or white rum. Bottoms up!
1/2 stalk lemon grass, finely chopped
4 slices ginger
4 cubes or rocks of rock candy. You could use 3tbsp. palm sugar or light brown sugar
Juice of half a lemon
1 shot vodka or spirit of choice
1 bottle lemongrass kombucha. I used LA Brewery Lemongrass Kombucha which was lovely.
2 lemon grass stalks, cut a piece of top and bottoms on the diagonal
4 Slices of ginger
2 Slices of lemon
1. To make the syrup, add the lemongrass, lemon, water, ginger and sugar into a pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes until it starts to become a syrup and remove from the heat.
2. Allow the syrup cool. Pass the liquid through a sieve into a jug.
3. Add a shot of vodka and half the kombucha to a glass.
4. Pour in half the syrup and stir.
5. Serve with the ice, 2 ginger slices and 1 stalk of lemongrass as a swizzle stick.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for the second glass.